The ideal pairing solutions has the following properties from the Saros page
- Collaborative real-time file editing
- Supports several concurrent writers
- Awareness markup: Who is where (file/region)? Who just changed what?
- Shared file/folder operations
There are few tools that support true pair programming in IDEs. Using various tools one can usually craft a custom solution that works for the team. Some of the possibilities are depicted in this diagram.
- Have been used successfully
- Chrome Remote Desktop
- Third Party tools commercial/Open Source
- GoTo Meeting
- Saros aka dpp